Annaloucah is proud to be one of the UK’s Fairtrade Fairmined licence holders for 18ct gold, silver and platinum. Full details of which can found here.
If Fairtrade Fairmined metals are not appropriate then Anna will use recycled metals in an effort to minimise the environmental and ethical impact incurred by mining.
As such Anna is happy to use customers own metal from existing jewellery in order to encourage recycling and retain sentimental value. However please note that if using metal provided by the customer Anna cannot guarantee a UK hallmark.
Fairtrade Fairmined metals will bare a stamp next to their hallmark that is the customer guarantee of the origin of their metal.
Annaloucah's jewellery conforms to British hallmarking standards
The hallmark found on Anna's jewellery is struck by The London Assay Office and guarantees the precious metal content of the item you are buying.
A hallmark consists of a series of marks applied to an article of precious metal, which means that the article has been independently tested, and guarantees that it conforms to all legal standards of purity (fineness).
A UK hallmark consists of several punch marks:
* Sponsor's (or maker's or manufacturer's name) mark - Anna's is ALC
* Metal and fineness (purity) mark - A Lion (traditional fineness mark) and 925 (indicating the piece is 92.5% pure silver) for sterling silver
* Assay office mark - A leopard's head for the London Assay Office
* Date mark - A letter represents the year the item was stamped and changes once a year on January 1st
Articles below a certain weight are exempt from hallmarking
* Gold - 1 gram
* Silver - 7.78 grams
For more information about hallmarking please visit the London Assay Office website.
The best way to get an accurate ring size is to have your finger measured by a local jeweller. If you are not in close proximity to Anna’s Waterloo studio then just call into your local jeweller. Most jewellers are happy to do this free of charge.
Alternatively, if would like a free ring sizer just ask and Anna will send one to you as soon as possible.
Please note that it may not be possible to get an accurate measurement in this manner if the ring you have ordered has a very wide band.
Anna uses the British ring sizing system (A – Z+) and measures rings to ‘leading edge’ as standard. Please bare in mind that variation in temperature will have an effect on your ring size so try to ensure that your hands are at ‘normal’ temperature before taking a measurement.
Ordering a ring as a surprise?
If you are purchasing a ring for someone else and you cannot get their size Anna suggests making the ring to average size and altering it, free of charge, after presentation.
How do I redeem a gift card?
Gift Cards are available in various denominations (from £20 to £5,000) and you can purchase any multiple of these cards but only one can be used per transaction online. Gift Cards will be sent directly to you or your recipient's address by post. Each Gift Card has a unique voucher code number which can be redeemed against any purchase on the website or over the telephone. For further advice, call us on +44 (0)2
Is gift wrapping available?
Yes. Gift wrapping is available for an additional £5.00 per item. You can opt to receive your item pre-wrapped or receive everything you need to wrap your purchase yourself at home. Your jewellery will be wrapped in the finest wrapping paper featuring an excerpt of a bespoke painting by Tomo Campbell and tied with Italian ribbon. Simply select either Gift Wrapping option on the shopping bag page for each individual item. View our Gift Wrapping.
What are your delivery charges?
Visit Delivery for more information on delivery costs, times & destinations.
Where is my order?
What is your policy for returns and exchanges?
You can return your jewellery, including earrings, free of charge (within the UK) for any reason and we must then receive your jewellery back within 14 days.
Can I come to your showroom and view the jewellery?
Yes. Astley Clarke has a beautiful Boutique based in Central London. For more information, including opening times, visit our London Boutique page.
What is gold vermeil?
Learn What Gold Vermeil Is & Why You Need It in Your Jewelry Collection.
Vermeil is a combination of Sterling Silver with a layer of gold on top. To be considered vermeil, the gold must be at least 9 carat and be at least 1.5 micrometres thick.
So, what is Gold Vermeil Anyway?
Gold Vermeil (pronounced vur-MAY) is genuine .925 sterling silver that has been expertly plated with a thick layer of 14k-24k gold.
Gold Vermeil is the perfect option for those with metal allergies due to the durable thickness of the gold combined with the base of sterling silver.
Gold vermeil is an "insider's secret" of discerning jewelry buyers as premium materials (silver and gold) are used, but allows for more affordable designer jewelry than solid gold.
With high-end jewelry designers embracing the trend, now is the perfect time to add some to your collection.
How can I contact Annaloucah directly?
Anna will be able to deal with your queries by phone or email. Please call on +44 (0) 207 493 9601. She is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm GMT. You may also contact her by email on email@example.com
I am new to shopping for jewellery on-line - what happens if I am not happy wth my purchase?
Annaloucah makes every effort to accurately represent her jewellery on-line via photos, product descriptions and measurements. Her past experience has been that the jewellery has exceeded customers' expectations - however, should you wish to return the item, you have 7 days from the date of receipt to change your mind in order to recieve a full refund. After that an exchange or credit note will be issued if returned within 14 days. Regretably, no refund or exchange can be issued on an item that has been customised in anyway.
When can I expect to recieve my delivery?
While Anna aims to keep most products in stock and ready to go as soon as your order is placed please bear in mind that each product is made by Anna by hand and as such may take anything up to two weeks to recieve.
But please be assured that once your order is recieved it will become a top priority to complete and send to you as soon as possible keeping you updated at all times.
For esimated delivery dates please see the written description of the individual product that you are interested in and if that isn't going to work for you then just contact Anna directly and every effort will be made to get it to you sooner.
Once completed, you will be notified and your order sent to you by complimentary Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm.
If shipping internationally Anna will use Royal Mail Signed For or Royal Mail Airsure and your order should arrive within 10 working days.
Anna is happy to send via FedEx also and can quote for each order accordingly.
What if I am ordering the jewellery as a surprise? Will the parcel be a give away to whats inside?
Don't worry - although always beautifully packaged, all Annaloucah jewellery will arrive at your door in discreet, plain exterior packaging.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURNS POLICY?
Whilst Anna hopes that you love your fine jewellery purchase, she is only able to return or exchange items within 14 days from the purchase date providing the are unworn, undamaged and in a good condition. The shipping and any international duties charges are non-refundable.
Should any item be returned as faulty - Anna reserves the right to thouroughly inspected and decline if said item displays damage as a result of misuse, accidental damage or wear and tear.
I think I am going to need some help in choosing an engagement ring - will I be able to get any advice?
Yes - Anna has dedicated pages to help with just that! Please click here to view.
Alternatively, Anna is available for a bespoke consultation by appointment either in person, online or via telephone. Just get in touch to arrange and Anna will guide you through the process.
Where can I find out more about the gemstones that are used in my jewellery?
The gemstones that Anna loves and sources are just as important to her as the piece itself.
As such she has endeavoured to give as much information as possible here within her website pages - to view this information just click here.
There are however hundreds of gemstone varieties out there and while the information here is an ever expanding resource do feel free to contact Anna directly should you wish to ask a specific question. Anna's background in gemology should enable her to give you an accurate answer in no time at all!
What about sourcing? How do I know where the materials for my piece come from?
Anna has provided full disclosure on all her sourcing and aims to keep this information up to date. Please click here for further details.
Can a piece be customised to my specific requirements?
As each piece is made by Anna by hand most special orders can easily be catered for - please contact Anna directly to discuss requirements and revised price.
How long will I have to wait for a custom made piece?
Delivery times will vary depending on amount of customisation required so please allow up to six weeks to allow Anna to source extra materials and hand make the piece for you.
Please note that any items that have been altered or customised in any way are non-returnable and non-refundable.
WHAT IF MY JEWELLERY ARRIVES AND IT DOESN’T FIT?
No problem - most adjustments can be catered for in minimal time. Please contact Anna directly to discuss your specific requirements and if there will be any additional cost.
ARE CHAINS INCLUDED FOR PENDANTS?
Yes, unless otherwise stated all necklaces and pendants are delivered with the chain shown at the length stated.
WILL MY ITEM BE BOXED?
Yes. Each beautiful piece of Annaloucah Fine Jewellery will be delivered in its own beautiful gift box.
ARE ITEMS PICTURED ON LINE ACTUAL SIZE?
No this is not possible due to the varying size of devices we all use to shop on line. However, Anna has provided a full and accurate set of measurements for each piece. Please see the individual items desscription for more details.
CAN I ORDER FROM OVERSEAS?
Yes but unfortunatley at this time Anna isn't able to provide accurate and immedeate currency conversion and so this will be at the responsibility of the purchaser.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY JEWELLERY?
Please see the dedicated section on product care.
By using this site you are acknowledging that you have read and agree with the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be changed or added to at any time.
Terms & Conditions
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing these terms and conditions shall be deemed incorporated in any order placed. In the event of any conflict arising with these conditions it is the responsibility of the Customer to discuss with Annaloucah before order is placed.
2. Orders - All orders are subject to acceptance and availability of goods ordered. Annaloucah reserves the right to refuse any order.
3. Prices- Prices quoted are retail and are inclusive of VAT. Annaloucah Fine Jewellery reserves the right to change the prices, technical details and specifications of the products within the website at any time without notice.
4. Payment - Prices are quoted in (£) Pounds Sterling and are excluding delivery. All orders under the retail value of £200 will be subject to a £5 delivery charge. Orders above a retail value of £200 will be delivered free of charge. Payment must be made in full before orders can be released. The ownership of goods remains with Annaloucah Fine Jewellery until paid in full. Anna Loucah Fine Jewellery is registered with Pay pal, a well-known and secure online payment method. Please contact Annaloucah directly for details on how to pay for an item securely via the Internet.
5. Delivery - Anna will use her best endeavours to comply with any date given or requested but time for delivery is not guaranteed unless specially agreed. All orders are sent using the Royal Mail Special Delivery service (guaranteed next day delivery and insured) and a signature is required on receipt. The cost of postage is £5 and will be added to all orders less than £200.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure they are there to sign for delivery of the goods and have supplied a correct and complete delivery address. Once the goods have passed to Royal Mail, Annaloucah cannot be responsible for delays in delivery or damages. Anna will contact you before posting to confirm delivery date.
6. Annaloucah Fine Jewellery will endeavour to replace or correct free of charge any goods damaged in transit providing she receives written notification of such damage within 7 days of the date of delivery but not otherwise. It is then the responsibility of Annaloucah Fine Jewellery to pursue this damage and any following claims with the Royal Mail.
7. Payments for all overseas orders shall be paid in (£) UK Pounds Sterling and delivery costs shall be discussed and agreed with Customer at time of order.
A 50% deposit will be taken on arranging a commission. This is a non-refundable deposit. Deposits taken on stock items are refundable at the discretion of Annaloucah. Annaloucah reserves the right to issue a credit note instead of monetary refund to be spent in any capacity at Annaloucah Fine Jewellery.
Orders for stock items may be cancelled any time before dispatch but you must inform Anna by email, or telephone as soon as possible. Please note that orders for goods, which have been specially commissioned, customised or personalised, to order cannot be cancelled.
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase please contact Annaloucah with in 7 days to discuss a solution. Anna will exchange or issue a credit note for unworn goods, however refunds will only be issued at the discretion of Annaloucah Fine Jewellery. In the rare event of any faults, mis-sizings, not as expected, Anna will first attempt to rectify and find a solution before releasing a monetary refund. Please inform Anna of any problem, query or intention to return goods in writing by email, letter or telephone before any return is made.
Wilful, malicious damage or negligence will void any rights the Customer has to take advantage of the refund or exchange policies.
All goods must be returned in their original packaging and in their original condition within 14 days of delivery to receive an exchange or refund (minus the cost of postage and packaging). Goods, which are thought to be faulty after this time, will be treated case by case. Please contact Annaloucah Fine Jewellery directly to discuss the problem.
The Customer is responsible for arranging and paying for goods to be returned using Royal Mail's Special Delivery service which ensures the item is tracked and insured during transit.
Refunds will be made using the same method as the original payment within 30 days.
Description of goods
Every effort has been made to ensure all images are a true representation of the finished product but due to the handmade nature of Annaloucah Fine Jewellery, slight variations may occur between pieces. Gemstones used may vary slightly in colour due to the nature of the raw material. Please note that colours and images may vary depending on your monitor or browser. Images may not be actual size. Please refer to the individual product dimensions provided for the actual size of each piece.
Annaloucah Fine Jewellery is a bespoke service and most pieces will be hand made to order. It is the responsibility of Annaloucah to source stones and materials as described at the time of ordering. In the event of an inability to source materials it is the responsibility of Annaloucah to inform the Customer within 7 days of an order being placed and under such circumstances, if a suitable substitute can not be found to the same value and to the Customers compliance, a full monetary refund of any deposit paid to Annaloucah Fine Jewellery will be made.
Annaloucah Fine Jewellery will not share any information you provide with any third parties. The Customer’s email or postal address will be added to the mailing list of Annaloucah fine Jewellery for future updates about events and news. If the Customer wishes to be removed from the mailing list please contact Anna via email, letter or telephone to arrange this.
Annaloucah Fine Jewellery
28 Make Space Studios
Telephone +44 (0) 7967 626869
The commission process
While every commission is different and every customers requirements' unique, the basic steps towards having a piece of jewellery made for you are as follows
1. First of all simply get in touch! If you have an outline idea of what you are looking for then that’s great but Anna will happily give appropriate pointers and advice. If you are in the London area it is preferable to meet in person however, commissions from far further a field are regularly undertaken via telephone, post and e-mail. At this initial consultation Anna can assess and discuss your needs and together, decide the best way to proceed.
2. The next step will be for Anna to draw up some initial designs and costings for you to look over. Typically, a choice of three designs will be given along with various price options. At this stage no money will exchange hands.
3. Every effort will be made to ensure that you are completely happy with your design choice with any modifications and alterations happily accommodated. As such, a model of the finished piece is sometimes helpful and so, once a design is agreed, if appropriate, a proportionate model-making fee will be required. Any model-making fee will be deducted from the total cost once the design is finalized.
4. Anna will also at this time also provide you with a selection of stones to choose from where appropriate, giving professional advice on a variety of factors such as quality, cut and durability.5. Once the final design, cost and deadline is agreed a 50% deposit will be made by either cheque, bank transfer or pay pal. The balance on your item will be payable upon completion / collection of your piece and Anna will contact you within the agreed deadline to let you know that your piece of bespoke jewellery is ready.Please refer to the ‘Terms’ page for advice on sizing / hallmarking / delivery etc.
Commissioning a piece of jewellery is a personal and individual process and as such a certain degree of trust and confidence is required on both sides.
The designing and sourcing for each piece of jewellery often requires several hours of work being undertaken before any financial commitment is asked of the customer. Anna believes this to be a mark of trust in the designer / client relationship and is confident that during this process, a solution can be found to any dilemmas that may arise.
In return, Anna asks that this time and effort be appreciated and that she is only asked to proceed too this stage if, when satisfied with her work, you have full intention of proceeding with the commission.