A guide to engagement design
“Anna Loucah is a great artist and dedicated craftswoman. From conception to completion, she was always available, and the communication with her was easy and fluent.”
Guillermo del Rivero Dehesa
2. ‘Fancy’ cut gems
- the term ‘fancy’ is generally used to describe any stone that isn’t round or ‘brilliant cut’
- soft and geometric shapes which can bring a more sculptural design
- geometric stones offer elegant and mirror-like symmetrical planes
3. Asymmetric design
- popular with more organic and ethereal styles
- excellent way of framing a centre stone
- provide exciting opportunities for a uniquely shaped wedding band
“It was important to my wife and I that the people who mined the gold and stones for our rings were paid fairly and worked in safe conditions. Anna had been recommended to me as one of the best Fairtrade designers to work with and she absolutely lived up to expectations!”Matthew Bates
4. Coloured stones
- great way to add an eye-catching feature to an engagement ring
- add a twist to a more classic style or bring elegance to a bolder design
- don’t forget gold comes in a range of colours too!
For guidance on the wide range of ethically sourced, coloured gemstones that are available, just get in touch.
5. ‘Lab grown’ diamonds
- increasingly popular with those seeking an alternative to mined diamonds for reasons of both ethics and cost
- chemically, structurally, and optically identical to natural diamonds
To discuss the option of using a lab grown diamond in your ring please get in touch.
“I can’t believe how many compliments I have had on my beautiful ring! Anna is a professional and great to work with and I wholeheartedly recommend her.”Joanne Cherrie
7. Remake and remodel
- great way of keeping memories that are attached to family heirlooms
- provides options around cost, sentiment and ethics through recycling
- perfect for creating a future heirloom of your own!
“We both had a lot of fun through the design process with Anna. Nothing was too much trouble. Sophie’s rings are exquisite, totally unique works of art. We couldn’t be happier, and have recommended her to all our friends!”James Goldsmith
8. Stack rings
- provides opportunity to create a constantly growing and unique collection
- perfect for celebrating life’s important dates and occasions
- allow for creativity and variety
9. The ‘Gypsy’ ring
- chunky shape and bold use of precious metal
- ideal for those looking for one standalone statement ring
- smooth form and unfussy setting style offer a practical addition to a busy lifestyle
“Anna truly put us at ease and played a wonderful part in our wedding experience. I thought I knew what I wanted for my ring but she opened my eyes to other possibilities. We are incredibly happy with the final result, all the more so in the knowledge that materials are ethically sourced and benefit a local community. Thanks Anna!”Alexis Parks
10. ‘Halo’ setting
- neat placement of multiple same sized gemstones following line of the centre stone
- can make the centre stone appear larger and introduce an element of sparkle to opaque stones.
- option to experiment with contrasting gems or metal types